From CONSIGNOR version 9.4 and onwards it is possible to send shipment labels, return labels and shipment documents attached to an email.
Notice, this guide is about attaching a return shipment label to an email. However the same principles goes for an ordinary shipment label, as well as shipment documents.
Requirements for Send Label through email
The Send Label through email function uses CONSIGNORS Mailback. You can find the guide to setup Mailback here.
Also for this to work you must have or add a printer of the type Windows Page in CONSIGNOR.
If you have activated Shipment Completion, you can only set Mailback to Submit, if you're using CONSIGNOR version 220.127.116.11 or newer.
Send Label through email
1. Go to Setup and find the transporter it concerns and find it's return shipment product.
2. Right-click and choose New. Add the icon Document Option.
3. Press the ... in the Mailback column.
4. Choose Attach to return Shipments and press OK.
5. Add the icon Document Printer Mapping.
6. Attach the Windows Page printer to the label print and press OK.
7. Open/create the Mailback function at the product level and go to the General tab.
8. In the section Send Options, you have to remove the checkmark from Disable Mailback & documents on return Shipments.
9. On the Documents tab, choose Sender in the dropdown box Send Document to Address.
10. Type in a standard subject in the Subject field and text in the field Body and press OK to finish the Mailback setup.
11. Remember to type in the customers email address under Sender when creating the return shipment in the CONSIGNOR production view.
12. Click Print to create the return shipment.
The customer will now receive an email with the return shipment label attached.