Consignor can be set up to transmit EDI files to the carriers automatically. See important note at the bottom of the article.
- In Consignor On-premises go to Main > Outbox.
- Right click on the appropriate stack and select Schedule Time for Transmit.
- Select the option Scheduled or manual and click New.
- Check the days you want the automatic transmit to run and set the time. You may add additional times by clicking New again.
- Click OK to save your settings.
If you select Transmit at submit time, an EDI file will be sent every time you submit a shipment.
The option Shipment - pickup date controls transmit date will transmit the EDI files according to the pickup date on your shipments. An offset of "-1" will transmit EDI one day before the specified pickup date.
Important note: Although automatic transmit is set up, we recommend checking that the files have been transferred.
It is your responsibility that the carrier receives EDI-files, and some carriers have a fee for missing EDI.
Reasons for missing transmit vary but could be due to network problems, internal firewall, wrong outgoing mail server, different ISP etc. The carrier may also have problems receiving files on their side. If your automatic transmit fails and you have checked all of the above, we recommend contacting Consignor Customer Service.