A report with today's shipments is created when transmitting EDI to the carrier. It can be found inside Transmitted Batch in Consignor and can be opened in a PDF reader and printed manually at any time. The name of the report varies from carrier to carrier but we refer to it as End of Day Report or Carrier Specific Report.
You can also set up automatic printing of the reports or send them by e-mail.
Read more about:
- Printing or e-mailing End of Day Report in Consignor On-premises
- Additional settings for End of Day Reports printing
- End of Day Report printing in Consignor Ticket
Printing or e-mailing End of Day Report in Consignor On-premises
Follow these steps to activate an End of Day Report in Consignor On-premises:
- Go to Setup in Consignor and choose the subcarrier where you want to activate the Carrier Specific Report.
- Right-click in the area to the right and choose New > Carrier Specific Report.
- Specify the number of copies you want and select a printer. Remember that Carrier Specific Reports are documents optimized for A4.
- If you want the Carrier Specific Report in an e-mail, fill in the Email sender, Email sender name and Email receivers fields.
- Click OK to save your settings. Your report will now automatically be printed or e-mailed when EDI is transmitted to the carrier.
Additional settings for End of Day Reports printing
To access the additional settings for End of Day Reports printing, go to Setup in Consignor On-premises and add or edit the items End of day reports printing and End of day reports scheduling.
In the End of day reports printing configuration, you have the option of choosing server print, local print or manual print.
In the End of Day Reports Scheduler, you can schedule when and how often you want your End of Day Reports to be printed.
- Create a schedule by clicking New.
- Select how often the printing should take place.
- Fill in information about date and time. You may also set up a time interval if you want the printing only within a defined time period.
- Finally select a printer and click OK.
End of Day Report printing in Consignor Ticket
If you are using Consignor Ticket, our web based solution, you can always print an End of Day Report manually.
- Go to New Bookings > Manifests.
- Click on a batch to open the list of shipments.
- Click the View documents button at the bottom of the shipments list. This will show any documents related to the batch.
- Click on the carrier specific document to download and print it.
It is also possible to automatically print End of Day Reports in Consignor Ticket, but it must be configured by Consignor Customer Service. Contact us if you are interested in printing End of Day Reports in Consignor Ticket.