Please be aware that Consignor On-Premises version 188.8.131.52 and later are not supported on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, so if you are running these platforms we highly recommend that you upgrade your system before updating Consignor.
Before starting the update, make sure you are logged in as administrator. Updating the Consignor server / PC:
- This is done under Tools -> Check for updates.
- When this window opens up CONSIGNOR will check for updates - if any updates are available you can push the button Update.
- Then you will be asked to choose a folder for download - we reccomend you choose Desktop - then push OK. If you choose Desktop you can delete the update file from the desktop after the update is finished.
- When the download is finsihed you can push the Install button.
- When you push Install the update file will run as a normal windows Installer - you can go trough theese windows without doing any change. The update will then run by itself.
- When the server is updated the CONSIGNOR Client installation will automatically update when started. As long as the users have administrative rights this will go without any problem - if the users don't have rights to install programs locally an administrator have to run the programfile: C:\Program Files\Consignor client\UpdateClient.exe
In CONSIGNOR 8.7 we released a function to update only carrier data. If one or several of your carriers in CONSIGNOR have made a change to their system we have made this feature so you can update carriers instead of the whole program.
- This is done by Tools - > Check for Updates
- Then go to the tab Carrier Definitions - when you open this tab CONSIGNOR will check if there are updates available - if there are the button Update will be available. Use this button to run the updates.