Before starting the update, make sure you are logged in as administrator. Updating the Consignor server / PC:
- This is done under Tools -> Check for updates.
- When this window opens up CONSIGNOR will check for updates - if any updates are available you can push the button Update.
- Then you will be asked to choose a folder for download - we reccomend you choose Desktop - then push OK. If you choose Desktop you can delete the update file from the desktop after the update is finished.
- When the download is finsihed you can push the Install button.
- When you push Install the update file will run as a normal windows Installer - you can go trough theese windows without doing any change. The update will then run by itself.
- When the server is updated the CONSIGNOR Client installation will automatically update when started. As long as the users have administrative rights this will go without any problem - if the users don't have rights to install programs locally an administrator have to run the programfile: C:\Program Files\Consignor client\UpdateClient.exe
In CONSIGNOR 8.7 we released a function to update only carrier data. If one or several of your carriers in CONSIGNOR have made a change to their system we have made this feature so you can update carriers instead of the whole program.
- This is done by Tools - > Check for Updates
- Then go to the tab Carrier Definitions - when you open this tab CONSIGNOR will check if there are updates available - if there are the button Update will be available. Use this button to run the updates.