|Please be aware that Consignor On-Premises version 184.108.40.206 and later are not supported on Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, so if you are running these platforms, we highly recommend that you upgrade your system before updating Consignor.|
Before starting the update, make sure you are logged in as administrator.
- Go to Tools > Check for Updates.
- When this window opens up Consignor will check for updates. If a newer version is available, you can click the Download button.
- Next you will be asked to choose a folder for the download. We recommend choosing Desktop. It makes it easy to locate and delete the update file after the update is complete.
- When the download is complete, click the Install button to run the update.
- If Windows shows a pop-up with the message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Installer for Consignor On-premises Server", click Yes to start the update.
- The update will run as a normal Windows installer, and you can go through all the windows by clicking Next > Next > Install > Finish without making any changes.
- When the Consignor server is updated, the Consignor Client installation will automatically update when started. As long as the users have administrative privileges, this should be effortless. If the users do not have the rights to install programs locally, an administrator has to run the program file: C:\Program Files\Consignor client\UpdateClient.exe
If you wish to update your carriers without updating the Consignor server at the same time, you can run a carrier update. Read our guide about Running a carrier update to learn how this is done.