It is possible to run a carrier update separately without updating Consignor On-premises at the same time. If new features and improvements have been released on one or more of your carriers in Consignor, you can perform a carrier update to get these updates without updating Consignor.
If you want to perform a full update of Consignor, see this guide instead Update Consignor On-premises server.
Make a backup of your Consignor. See our guide on Making a backup of Consignor.
We recommend that an IT expert makes the backup and update.
Running the carrier update:
- Go to the Consignor On-premises main installation and log into the server. (See the guide Locating where the Consignor server is installed - get help from your system administrator if necessary).
- Start Consignor.
- Go to Tools and Check for Updates.
- Select the Carriers tab. (Click the plus sign to the right, to expand and see the list of carriers with updates).
- Click the Update button to run the update.
- When the update is complete, Consignor will shut down and must be restarted.