We recommend making regular backup of Consignor. If the server has a crash, you can use the backup from Consignor to move the installation to a new server. Read more about moving Consignor here..
NB: If restoring / moving Consignor with an old backup you need new shipment numbers. Contact Consignor Customer Support by creating a request.
How to make a backup of Consignor:
- In Consignor, go to File > Backup and Shrink in the top menu.
- Choose the path where you want your backup. It is recommended to use another hard drive or another computer to store the backup. When the path is specified you can click Save to save the path or use the Backup button to take a backup at once. (Note: If the SQL user in server.ini is not a sysadmin, it is not possible to browse the folders on the c drive. In this case, enter the path instead.)
Making a scheduled backup of Consignor
You can schedule backups of Consignor.
- Go to File > Backup and Shrink in the top menu.
- Select the Schedule tab and click New. Set the day and time for your backup and choose if it should be recurrent.
- Click Save to save your settings.
You can also make backup in SQL Server Management Studio.