This article will explain how to get started with Scan App by setting up your Action Center and installing the app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
It will cover the following:
Scan App is available for Android and iOS. It runs on iOS 9 or later and Android 4.1 or later. All barcodes generated in Consignor can be scanned with Scan App. If you want to use Scan App to scan barcodes not generated in Consignor, please contact us for further information.
All scanned barcodes are uploaded to Consignor Portal using https requests and responses. When the app is offline, data is stored using local databases and triggers for syncing data when internet becomes available.
Setting up your Action Center
You need to set up an Action Center to start using Scan App.
- Log in to Consignor Portal and go to Scan App in the top menu. The first time you visit the page, you will be met by an introduction page.
- Click the Create new Action Center button on the introduction page.
- Choose a name for your Action Center and click Create.
- Update the information now displayed on the General Action Center settings page and click Save.
The users of your Scan App solution are called Agents. You invite Agents from your Action Center.
- Log in to Consignor Portal and go to Scan App.
- From the Agents page, click the Invite new button in the top right corner.
- Fill in the fields and click Create. An SMS or e-mail invite is now sent to your new agent.
Installing Scan App
You can download Scan App from App Store and Google Play. This is easily done by clicking the link in the SMS or e-mail invitation sent to you from Consignor Portal. See the section about inviting agents.
Once you have downloaded the app, register your name and mobile number (if SMS invite) or e-mail address (if e-mail invite) in Scan App. Your Scan App will configure automatically and you are ready to use it.
To learn more about using Action Center and setting up events, see these articles:
See all of our Scan App and Action Center articles here.