It is possible to add a number of extra details to your Scan App events from the Advanced settings tab. This article will cover the following:
- Adding event types to a Scan App event
- Example showing event types in Action Center and Scan App
- Explanation of event types
Adding event types to a Scan App event
- Log in to Consignor Portal and go to Scan App > Settings > Scan App Events.
- Click the edit icon next to the event you want to edit.
- Click the Advanced settings tab. If you have no advanced details added already, it will look like this:
- Click the Add detail button to open the menu.
- Choose the event type you want to add, fill in the Name field, and finish by clicking the tick icon . The text entered in the Name field will be the text shown in Scan App. See example in section below.
- Once you have added the event types, you can add properties by clicking the action wheel next to each event type. Choose Required if the detail should be mandatory for the event. If a detail is required, an exclamation mark will show next to it.
- You may change the order of your event types by clicking the icon, and dragging and dropping the event type to a new position.
Example showing event types in Action Center and Scan App
In the example below, 3 event types have been added to the Damaged event:
- Take photo with the device
- Select date of occurrence
- Multi line text input
Take photo with the device and Select date of occurrence are both mandatory and are marked with the exclamation mark icon .
The event types in Action Center
The event types in Scan App
Explanation of event types
- Checkbox - A single statement that can be checked. E.g. Note left in receiver's mailbox.
- Text single line - an input text line that is available in Scan App.
- Text multiple lines - a text box with multiple lines that is available in Scan App.
- Photo - uses the camera on the smart phone to take a picture, and add it to the event.
- Signature - opens the signature page where name with text and signature can be added.
- Date - shows a date selector.
- Date Time - shows a date and time selector.
- Time - shows a time selector.
- Number - field for number input. It is possible to define a set of allowed minimum/maximum value.