It is possible to anonymize a shipment on Consignor Portal in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation - read more).
If a customer asks your company to delete all information about them, you can use the anomymize data feature on Consignor Portal to remove their Shipment data. Anonymized data is not considered personal information according to the GDPR.
To keep your shipment statistics accurate, it is an advantage for you to anonymize shipment data rather than deleting shipments.
Anonymizing a single shipment
Follow these steps to anonymize a single shipment:
- Log in to Consignor Portal. You must be an "Owner" to be able to anonymize shipments.
- Locate the shipment you want to anonymize. You can use the search field on the home page.
- Click Edit on the Receiver address.
- Click Anonymize personal data and then OK to confirm your action. Your action is irreversible and data cannot be restored!
- Close the shipment. The next time you open the shipment, it will be anonymized. In the left side, you can see when the anonymization was done, and by whom.
Anonymizing a year of shipment data
Follow these steps to anonymize an entire year of shipment data:
- Log in to Consignor Portal and select Settings from the menu in the top right corner.
- Click on Data Storage in the left side menu.
- Scroll to the section on the page with the title Anonymise your data. Here you can see what data is currently available on your Consignor Portal.
- Select the years you would like to anonymize data from and click Anonymise selected years. In the example below, only the data from 2014 will be anonymized. It is not possible to anonymize the current year.
- You will be asked to confirm that you wish to go ahead with the anonymization process. Click Go ahead, anonymise my data.
- Next you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation link. Read the e-mail carefully and click the link to proceed with anonymizing the data. The confirmation link is valid for 24 hours, and the anonymization process will start as soon as you click the link.
- When you click the confirmation link, you will be redirected to Consignor Portal where you will see a confirmation message.