In Consignor, we support sending Dangerous Goods documents using an integration to the 3rd party software DG Office. DG Office are experts in dangerous goods documents and ensure that the documents you print fulfill the legal requirements.
This article will cover the following:
- Short introductory video about DG Office in Consignor
- DG Office subscription
- Setting up the DG Office module in Consignor
Short introductory video about DG Office in Consignor
DG Office subscription
To use the DG Office integration in Consignor, you need a subscription to the Web Service module of DG Office.
The DG Office subscription is provided by DG Office and their dealers, and must be made with them. If you already have a DG Office subscription, it must include the Web Service module subscription to work with Consignor.
Log in to DG Office at https://www.dgoffice.net/ .
To use DG Office with Consignor, you must create your own article numbers in DG Office and refer to these in Consignor. Please refer to DG Office for support on how to create article numbers.
Setting up the DG Office module in Consignor
To set up the DG Office module in Consignor On-premises, follow these steps:
- Make sure you're running a Consignor version 11.30.1.X or newer. Otherwise you should start by updating your Consignor. If you are going to make US shipments, you must run version 13.92 or newer.
- Go to Production from the left side menu and click Tools in the top menu. Select Setup Current View... This will open up Production settings.
- In Production settings, click the Groups tab. Make sure Dangerous Goods is selected and click OK.
- Go back to Production view and you'll now see a new group named Dangerous Goods.
- Right click in the Dangerous Goods group and choose Field selector... The checked fields will be visible in Production view. ArticleNo must be checked since this field is necessary to enter article numbers from DG Office.
- Go to Setup view from the left side menu. Select the level in the setup tree where you will be using DG Office. Right click and choose DG Office settings from the list of setup items.
- Fill in the fields in the DG Office settings. User, Password and Company are provided by DG Office. The checkbox Use DGOffice Service must be checked. Check Keep values during Import, unless empty if you don't want values in your import file to be overwritten. Click OK to save and add the setup item.
- Stay in the Setup view and open Document Options. If you don't have this setup item, you can add it by right clicking and choosing it from the list of setup items. In Document Options, make sure the three DGOffice documents are set to active On DGOffice Dangerous Goods. (The DGOffice.DG.RoadUS.Freightletter is only used for US shipments).
You're now ready to make manual shipments with Consignor and DG Office. If you are making shipments using an Import setup, read our guide about Adding support for DG office in file drop integration.