Consignor On-premises can be setup to send an e-mail if there is a failure that needs attention.
This guide will explain the following:
- Activating the Consignor On-premises Alerts System
- The different alert types
- Changing existing alert settings
Activating the Consignor On-premises Alerts System
- Go to Setup. On location level (your installation may have several locations), right-click on the right side of the screen and choose New > Consignor On-premises Alerts System.
- In the Consignor On-premises Alert system window, click Add, select the type of alert you want to activate, and click OK.
- When the alert type is selected, you need to set it up with the sender and receiver e-mail addresses. You can also add your own content to the e-mail that will be sent by the alert system. It is important that the receiver of the e-mails are able to handle the alerts since most of them require immediate action.
- You may use the Send Test Alert Mail to check that your SMTP settings are correct. Click OK to finish your setup. Consignor will now send a warning e-mail to the specified sender e-mail address according to the selected alert type.
The different alert types
Here is an explanation of the different alert types:
Counter warning - will alert you when the numbers used for barcodes are running low. This will give you time to order a new barcode number range from the carrier. Contact Consignor Customer Service when you receive a counter warning. It is your responsibility to obtain a new number range or contact Consignor Customer Service well before your current number range runs out. Consignor Customer Service can add a new barcode number range to your Consignor.
Counter refill status information - will tell you if the system successfully refilled a counter. Some numbers are automatically refilled by Consignor while others must be ordered at the carrier and manually added to your Consignor.
Transmit failure - will alert you if sending data to the carrier failed. This can have different causes, e.g. FTP failure on your side or the carrier's, SMTP problems, system errors etc. Contact Consignor Customer Service it you can't solve the problem yourself.
AutoPrint error alert - this alert means that something went wrong with your file drop integration. The e-mail will include the error message from the server. An AutoPrint error means that the label was not printed. Instead the shipment will appear in the AutoPrint folder and you have to treat it manually.
Changing existing alert settings
You can easily change the settings of your Consignor On-premises Alert System, like changing the e-mail address that receives the alert e-mails.
- Go to Setup. On location level (your installation may have several locations), look for the Consignor On-premises Alert System icon in the right side of the screen.
- Double click the icon to open up the list of your active alert types.
- Double click the alert type to open the settings window. Make the changes you need and click OK.