This article will guide you through the installation and setup of Drop Zone. Drop Zone is an application that is installed on a computer and enables file-drop import and auto print in Consignor Ticket. It can also be used together with a Shipment Server solution.
This guide applies to both Windows and Mac OS X, but we recommend reading our guide on Drop Zone printer setup on Mac OS X, if you're using a Mac.
Downloading and installing Drop Zone
Download the setup file and run the installer. You can run through the installer accepting default settings and installation folders, or you may specify a different directory during the installation.
- Download the setup file for Windows (run the installation file as administrator)
- Download the setup file for Mac OS X
You can also download Drop Zone when you're logged into Consignor Ticket. Go to New > Settings > Download Drop Zone.
|Operating Systems||Minimum hardware||Supported Browsers|
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2016
PC versions (enterprise / pro):
Windows 7 - 10
MAC OS X
Drop Zone always uses port 80 and 443 or 8089. It is a configuration choice to use either port 443 with SSL/TLS protocol, or port 8089 without. Port 8089 may be configured to another number.
Note: We have seen issues if a customer is using Trusted Sites under Internet Options. The workaround is to turn this off or use Chrome.
Initial configuration of Drop Zone and Consignor Ticket
When you launch the Drop Zone application for the first time, all fields will be empty. Once you have made and saved your configuration it will be saved in future versions of Drop Zone.
- Launch Drop Zone.
- Choose which language you want Drop Zone to use by clicking on the Language menu in the top left corner:
- In the Ticket Connection tab, enter your Consignor Portal username and password. You can test the connection by clicking the Check Connection button. If the user requires a proxy server to connect to Consignor Ticket, then the proxy server information must be filled in. Click Apply to save. (Note: you can't use credentials configured for both Consignor Ticket and Shipment Server)
- Go to the Printers tab to configure one or more printers. Click New, select a printer and click OK to add it. (Note: If no printer is configured and a file import is made, all of the shipments in the file will be listed in Failed Prints.)
- By default, the printer type is set to A4 sized PDF. You can change this once you have added a printer, by selecting the printer and clicking Advanced. In the Settings tab, select another printer type. You can also configure if the printer should be set as default for freight documents or labels. (Note: For freight letters an A4 printer must be selected and Printer type PDF together with a tick in Freight documents).
- In the Import tab, under the Advanced printer settings, you can define default import keys for each printer, to be able to assign specific printers in the import files.
- Finish by clicking OK.
- Open Consignor Portal and go to New > Settings. To connect to Drop Zone, click the search button.
- Once the connection is established, you will see the version number of your Drop Zone i the top right corner
- The Label printer type drop-down will now reflect the printers added in Drop Zone. Select a printer and click Save.
Read our other articles about Consignor Ticket and Drop Zone:
- Configuration of FTP import for Consignor Ticket (Drop Zone)
- Configuration of file-drop import for Consignor Ticket (Drop Zone)
- Configuration of ERP integration for Consignor Ticket (Drop Zone)