Consignor Portal is a service on our web pages where all shipment data from Consignor is uploaded. It is a great tool for searching and finding the current delivery status on specific shipments, see carrier tracking, calculated freight prices and more. You can generate reports for invoice control, geographical shipment patterns, most used carriers etc.
To use Consignor Portal, you must have a user account. Contact Consignor Customer Service to get a user account. Once you have a user account with "owner" status, you'll be able to create new admin and regular users for your Consignor Portal.
Walk-through of the basic Consignor Portal features:
Home and search
The first page you meet, when you log into Consignor Portal, is Home containing a dashboard with key statistics. From this page you have access to our Help Center with more than 300 articles and guides, and you have access to get in touch with our Customer Service.
Use the search field on the page to search for shipment information. You can enter any search word related to a shipment, e.g. shipment or package number, order number, receiver name, receiver city or street name. Suggested search results will automatically be displayed below the search field, as soon as you start typing something. If you press the Search button, you will get a list with all the results.
When you click on a shipment from the suggested search results below the search field, or on the list of results, you will open the shipment viewer. This view gives you access to all information about the shipment like status events, sender and receiver information, tracking etc.
Features in shipment viewer:
- Email - create an e-mail with a direct link to the current shipment.
- List history - download a PDF with the current delivery status.
- Documents - overview of any documents attached to the shipment, e.g. waybill, bill of lading and manifests. You can also upload more documents to the shipment.
- Track & trace - direct link to the carrier's own tracking page.
- Show details - see additional information about the shipment.
- Events - click on the package number under Events to see all status events on the shipment. By default only the newest status is shown.
Consignor Portal must receive return data from the carriers to be able to show events, prices, volume and weight. It is possible to activate return data on the carriers who have support for this. Make a request to our Customer Service and we will order return data from the carrier if they support it. Some carriers deliver the data by default and no ordering is needed.
Reports and statistics
The History tabs contains several features. (The number of features vary according to your user's rights). Here is an overview of the basic features:
- Shipment - make reports on shipment level. You can filter on date, location, actor, carrier and status. Click the action wheel in the top right corner to configure which columns are included in the report. Any reports can be exported to Excel or CSV documents. (see guide on how to export to Excel or CSV).
- Package - make reports on package level. You have the same filtering options as on Shipment.
- Statistics - gives you statistics on shipments produced per month, what products have been used, average shipment weight from Consignor and return data shipment weight from the carrier.
- Radar - make reports on status, e.g. all shipments out for delivery.
- Return - make reports with return shipments only.
- Recycle - make reports with recycle pallets.
- Invoice - feature for invoice control. Read more in this guide: Using invoice control in Consignor Portal.
Below are examples of Shipment and Statistics screens:
When you click on your username in the top right corner, you will see this menu:
- Profile - gives you access to edit your personal profil, e.g. e-mail, name and language settings.
- What's new? - link to release notes on our website. Read more about the features and improvements included in each release.
- Settings - depending on your user rights, Settings give you access to manage other users, create events and manage data. Regular users have limited rights while admins and owners have access to more features.
- Help - link to our Help Center with more than 250 guides and articles and access to contact our Customer Service.
Read more of our guides to Consignor Portal here.