The filedrop import setup on the Consignor Ticket server or Consignor Shipment Server is made by a Technical Consultant from Consignor. You will agree with the Technical Consultant which products and services to include in the setup.
Once the filedrop import setup is in place, you can make your final configuration of Drop Zone. Note: It is only necessary to configure your import on one Drop Zone station.
- Go to the Import tab in the Drop Zone application
- Click the New button to create an import profile.
- Select an Actor from the drop down list. The list contains the actors available to the user credentials entered in the Ticket Connection tab. You may enter an optional description. This is only used to distinguish the profile in the list of profiles.
- Click the Select button next to Source folder to provide a path to the folder where the import files are dropped. This must correspond to the settings used in Consignor Ticket or Shipment Server.
- Specify the file name and its extension in File name mask. For multiple files, an *.[extention] format can be used. Supported file types are TXT, CSV and XML.
- Finally, you can decide what happens to a file that has been imported. It can either be deleted or moved to a specified folder. If your import file contains a lot of lines, it is recommended to split it into smaller batches per upload. This option can only be used when there is one line per shipment.
- Save your profile by clicking OK.
- Your profiles will be listed in the Import tab. Once the import is active, files present in the source directory will be placed in a queue, time stamped and then imported. If AutoPrint is activated in Consignor Ticket or Shipment Server, the labels will start printing immediately whenever a configured printer exists.