Klarna and Consignor have teamed up to provide an excellent check-out experience. With the Klarna Consignor integration, you can connect the systems and get real time shipping options in your checkout.
- About Klarna
- The Klarna Consignor integration
- Ordering an integration setup
- Setting up Klarna Shipping Service in the merchant portal
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005 as a financial company with the purpose of making online purchases easier.
Klarna is the most used checkout solution in Sweden and Norway and handles payments from 60 million consumers to 100.000 merchants in Europe. This puts them as one of Europe’s largest banks.
Klarna’s customers, the merchants, are typically a B2C business, from small to very large, where most of the shipments are delivered to:
- Drop Points
- Unmanned delivery boxes (Swipbox, Instabox etc.)
- In Store Pickup
- Home delivery, with or without timeslots
The Klarna Consignor integration
Customers like alternatives in the checkout when they shop online. A great delivery is an important part of a buying experience. The Klarna integration uses Consignor's Ship Advisor product to display relevant shipping options in the Klarna Checkout.
The Klarna Consignor integration takes advantage of the possibilities given with Consignor Shipping Rules. This means that you can define exactly which shipping options to show your customers in the Klarna Checkout. The integration is especially suitable for websshops that offer more than one delivery option and want to give the customer the option to choose pick-up point or delivery time. By connecting Consignor to Klarna, your customers get detailed information about all delivery methods, making it easy and safe for them to complete the purchase.
Ordering an integration setup
A few things have to be in place before you can integrate Consignor to Klarna Shipping Service:
- An existing Klarna Checkout v3 integration.
- Credentials to log into the Klarna merchant portal.
- A Consignor Subscription including the Ship Advisor add-on.
Please contact Consignor Customer Service to order a setup. If your subscription currently does not include Ship Advisor, this will be added together with the integration to Klarna. Once we have received your order, we will contact Klarna who will activate the integration on their side.
When the integration is activated on Klarna's side, a technical consultant from Consignor will contact you to clarify exactly how your setup should be configured. We must know what products should be available in your checkout and if special conditions apply in your webshop.
Setting up Klarna Shipping Service in the merchant portal
Once the setup has been configured in Consignor, you can go ahead and set up Klarna Shipping Service (KSS). If you experience problems with the following flow, please reach out to Klarna.
- Log into the Klarna merchant portal here.
- On the overview of apps, click on Logistics.
- If this is your first time in the merchant portal, you will be presented with the Terms & Conditions before you can access the KSS setup.
- After accepting the terms, you are sent to the overview page. Here you can create a new profile.
- Name your profile and choose the environment. Click Next.
- Enter your Consignor credentials. This is the Merchant ID and Key that you received from your contact at Consignor after ordering the setup.
- Click Next to finish the setup.
- After closing the profile page, you will see your credentials on the overview page. You can activate or deactivate credentials here. Please note that you can have only 1 active set of credentials per MID/country. KSS is now activated in your Klarna Checkout and you will see the shipping options from Consignor in the Klarna Checkout.
You can test your credentials in Klarna's tool called Shipwreck. If you manage to see shipping options in Shipwreck, then the Consignor credentials are correct. If you do not see any shipping options or would like to make changes to the shipping options you see, please contact Consignor Customer Service.