- CPC Lesson 1 - Introduction and Activation
- CPC Lesson 2 - Configuring the Main settings
- CPC Lesson 3 - Setting up Zones
- CPC Lesson 4 - Setting up Routes
- CPC Lesson 5 - Setting up Prices
- CPC Lesson 6 - Setting up Indicators
- CPC Lesson 7 - Managing your files
This article is the first in a series of tutorials that will teach you how to create a new CPC (Custom Price Calculation) setup. The series is divided into 7 lessons and will explain all the elements in the CPC user interface.
Using the CPC user interface, you can create a setup based on the price agreements you have with your carriers. Whether your price agreements are based on distance, weight, geographical zones and/or index prices, Consignor handles the calculation and provides you with the expected freight rates.
The calculated freight rates are shown in Consignor before you book your shipments. Afterwards, they are stored in Consignor Portal where they will be available in reports which can be used for improved cost control.
If you are new to CPC, we recommend starting with a simple price structure and make it work before trying to set up more advanced calculations.
If you have a large, advanced solution with many carriers, you may consider booking a consultant from Consignor to create the setup. Click here for more general information.
Activating a new Custom Price Calculation setup in Consignor
Before you can configure the CPC setup, you must activate Price Calculation in Consignor.
- Go to Setup in Consignor On-premises and navigate to the subcarrier level or the product where you want to activate Price Calculation.
- Right-click on the right side of the navigation tree and choose New > Price Calculation.
- Check the box next to Calculation active.
- Select Custom and click Configure.
- Click the button New (CPC GUI) to access the interface in Consignor Portal. Note that you must already be logged into Consignor Portal with your "Owner" profile to access this page. The tool now opens in your browser. (Click Browse if you have an existing configuration you want to open instead).
- Click New to start creating a new configuration file. This will open the editor.
You are now ready to start making the actual configuration. Go to the next lesson to learn more: CPC Lesson 2 - Configuring the Main settings.
|↑ Back to top||Go to next lesson →|