If you have a file-drop integration (Import Setup) in Consignor, it is easy to add a new service to an existing carrier code. This is useful if your carrier introduces a new service, or if you simply need to change the selection of services on one of your carrier codes.
There are two ways to add services in an Import Setup:
Add services under Carrier Presettings
- Go to Setup and open your Import Setup.
- Click on the Carrier Presettings tab, select the carrier code you want to edit and click the Edit button.
- Select the service you want to add from the Services drop-down list and click OK.
- The next time you use this carrier code, the added services will automatically be selected on the shipment.
Use Mappings to create service aliases
If you want to include information about services in your import files, you can create codes to point at specific services. Using service aliases is an advantage if you use many combinations of different services on the same carrier.
- Go to Setup > Import Setup > Carrier Presettings (step 1-2 above).
- Select Services from the Mappings drop-down list and click the Edit button.
- Click Add and select a service from the drop-down list that appears when you click the empty field in the Kind column.
- Enter an alias. This is the code you must include in your import files to select the service.
- Add more services this way by clicking the Add button and repeating the process.
- Save your mappings by clicking OK.
- Services will now be added to your shipments when using the carrier code together with the new service aliases. The service aliases must be included in the Services->Import shipment field. If you have not included services in your import file before, you must remember to add this field to your import setup. It is possible to include multiple service aliases in the field, separated by semicolon.