The change from version 12 to 13 signifies major technical features, improvements and refactoring to the core of the Consignor engine. All future features will be built on top of the new engine so all customers must update to version 13.
Historically, we have kept supporting older versions of Consignor for years, leaving us with much legacy code and complexity. With a growing platform and an increasing number of products and features, it has become necessary to focus our resources on developing for the future, rather than supporting deprecated technologies.
The following FAQ will cover the information you need to know about the upgrade to version 13. If your last update was performed after January 21st, 2020, you are probably already running version 13.
- How do I see which version of Consignor On-premises I am running?
- How do I update Consignor On-premises?
- What happens if I do not update to version 13?
- What is new in version 13?
How do I see which version of Consignor On-premises I am running?
- Go to Help > About Consignor On-premises.
- The version can be seen in the pop-up. Notice the first four digits. If your version number begins with 13, you are already running a newer version. If your version number begins with 12 or a lower number, you must update. It is strongly recommended to update any version lower than 13.87.X.XX.
How do I update Consignor On-premises?
You can easily update Consignor On-premises yourself. Follow this step-by-step guide:
If you need help from one of our technical consultants, please submit a request to our Customer Service. It is always possible to book one of our technical consultants to perform your update if you do not want to do it yourself.
What happens if I do not update to version 13?
All customers should update to version 13. If you are running an older version, you will receive a message in your Consignor asking you to update. We recommend updating as soon as possible to avoid risking any disruption to service.
What is new in version 13?
Version 13 contains major technical features, improvements and refactoring to the core of the Consignor engine. Here is a list of the most important features and improvements:
New features and improvements:
- New and improved way of synchronizing data between Consignor On-premises and Consignor Portal, resulting in increased performance and easier debugging.
- More secure and improved installation process of Consignor On-premises.
- New functionality to push system messages to end users during Consignor On-premises Client start up.
- Full integration with new billing system for subscription management.
- Better handling of date and time.
- Improved error messages and warnings.
- Various security and performance improvements.
- Fixed issue with PDF documents.
- Fixed issue related to return shipments.
- Correction of various dialogues, error messages and texts.
- General technical bug fixes and refactoring.
Still have questions?
Please contact our Customer Service here.