In Consignor On-premises it is possible to send shipment labels, return labels and shipment documents attached to an email. This article explains how to attach a return label to an email but it also works for ordinary shipment labels, as well as shipment documents.
Prerequisites for sending labels or documents by email
- Sending labels attached to emails uses the Mailback feature in Consignor. Read how to set up Mailback here.
- You must have a printer added of the type Windows page.
Follow these steps to send a return label with email
- Go to Setup and locate the carrier and the return product you want to use.
- Right-click and choose New. Add the icon Document Options.
- In Document Options, click on ... in the Mailback column.
- Choose Attach to return shipments and click OK.
- Right click and add the setup item Document Printer Mapping.
- On the label that you want to email you must select the Windows page printer and click OK.
- Open/add the Mailback item on product level.
- Open the General tab and remove the tick in Disable mailback & documents on return shipments.
- Next select the Documents tab. In the Addresses section, choose Sender in the drop down menu.
- Type the subject and body text you want and click OK to finish the Mailback setup.
- Remember to type in the customer's email address in the Sender email field when creating the return shipment.
- Click Print to create the return shipment. The customer will now receive an email with the return shipment label attached.