- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 1: Access and file management
- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 2: Creating Select Rules
- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 3: Creating Service Levels
- Shipping Rules UI Lesson 4: Use cases
- Use case 1: Select products based on weight and country
- Use case 2: Select products based on Postcode Range
- Use case 3: Using Service Levels for easy product selection
- Use case 4: Using Service Levels for parcels and pallets combined with Select Rules
Use case 2:
Company Y is based in Denmark and they only ship domestic packages. They use carrier GLS to deliver their parcels, except for some post code areas in Copenhagen where they use DAO.
Follow these steps to set up this example in the Shipping Rules UI:
- Go to Shipping Rules > General > Drafts and click the New button. Name your file and click Create.
- Click the wrench icon next to the file you just created and choose Edit. This will open your file for editing in the Select Rules tab.
- Click New, enter a name and click Create.
- Click the arrow next to the name to define the conditions. Choose Receiver > Use Ranges > DK > Include > Numeric. In this example, we set the Min value to 1000 and the Max value to 2500 which cover the Copenhagen post codes.
- Select a product. In this example DAO > DAO Distribution (new) > DAO Direkte is used.
- Click the New button again to add another Select Rule. This one will be used for all other packages to Denmark.
- Enter a name and click Create.
- Click the arrow next to the name to define the conditions. Choose Receiver > Country > DK. This will be used for all the packages to DK that did not match the post code range from the first Select Rule. If you wish, you can define another postcode range for this but it is not needed since the first rule will always run first. This way, the second product also works as fall back for the first product in case some data is missing for the first product to work.
- Select a product. In this example, GLS DK > GLS National > Normal Privatpakke > Må stilles uden kvittering is used.
- Click Save.
- Go to the General tab and locate your file under Drafts. Click the wrench icon and choose Publish. The file is now active and will be used next time you create a shipment.