Linnworks is an order and inventory management system designed for businesses and retailers. Linnworks is cloud-based and has an open API that allows users to customize the system's features to suit their business. It integrates with e-commerce sites such as eBay and Amazon.
The Linnworks Consignor plugin connects Linnworks and Consignor, making the extensive carrier library in Consignor available to Linnworks customers. In Linnworks terminology, our type of integration is called an application and they refer to applications like ours as Shipping integrations. It is very easy to configure and get started.
Your Linnworks account must be linked to a Consignor Shipment Server account. Please contact our Customer Service to get a Shipment Server account if you don't have one already.
This article will explain:
- Installing the Consignor plugin
- Enabling and authenticating the integration
- Configuring Consignor products and services
Installing the Consignor plugin
The Consignor plugin is currently a private app and must be installed prior to use. A private app means that it has not been verified by Linnworks yet. (The verification is in progress).
- Click here to download the Consignor Linnworks plugin. If it doesn't work, try to log out from Linnworks and click the link again.
- You will be sent to a login screen. Enter your credentials and click Login.
- Click the Install button. Once the installation is complete, you will see the following confirmation message:
- If you navigate back to the Application Store, the Consignor plugin should now be visible on the Home page and if you click the My Apps button.
Enabling and authenticating the integration
Before you can start using the Consignor plugin you have to add the Consignor integration to Linnworks.
- In Linnworks, select Shipping > Integrations in the menu:
- You will now see a list of enabled integrations. The following example account only has one line but your account may have multiple lines. Click the Add integration button.
- Locate Consignor on the list of shipping integrations and click Integrate. Shipping couriers or just couriers in Linnworks are very similar to a carrier in Consignor but some Linnworks couriers can deliver products from several carriers.
- On the next page, enter an Account Name for the integration and click Next. This name will be used to make it possible for you to differentiate between different shipping integrations. The name must be unique and can not be changed later!
- To authenticate with Consignor, the plugin needs the Actor ID and key for Shipment Server and the Username for Consignor Portal. Enter the information and click Next. If you do not have a Consignor Shipment Server account, please contact our Customer Service.
- Click Close on the last page to complete the registration.
- Consignor will now appear on the list of enabled integrations. The authentication information entered earlier (Actor ID, key and username) can be modified by click the Config button. You can also remove the integration any time by clicking the trash button.
- The Status Complete means that the integration is ready for configuration of services. As long as the amount of services i 0 as in the example above, the integration cannot be used for sending shipments.
Configuring Consignor products and services
Adding a Consignor product
- To start configuring the services, click the Services button on the Consignor integration.
Note that what is called a service in Linnworks corresponds to a product with any additional services in Consignor. This means that additional services must be added during the configuration as shown in the next steps.
- Select a product from the drop down list and click the Add button.
- The product is now shown in the list of Services. The Service Name cannot be changed but you may modify that name in the Linnworks Service column. This is the name that will be shown elsewhere in Linnworks so use a name that makes sense to you. Click Finish to save the product.
Adding a Consignor Product with an additional service
- Click the Services button again to add more Consignor products. This time we will try to add additional services to the product.
- Again select a product from the drop-down list, and click the Edit button once you have added the product.
- Now you will see a list of all the available Consignor services for the product. Make your selections and click Ok.
Make sure to give the product a good name in the Linnworks Service column so you can differentiate it - especially if you have multiple instances of the same product with different services.
Linnworks use Extended Properties to add extra information to inventory items and orders. This is only relevant for products with customs details in Consignor. It is used for shipments crossing borders to another country and may contain customs information like commodity code, country of origin, total value etc. The Consignor plugin supports both Item extended property and Order extendend property.
- Click the Properties button on the Consignor integration.
- For Item extended properties, you can select among the available values using a drop down list.
- For the Order extended properties, you must type in the necessary values. The values typed must match the values expected by the Consignor product and the values are case sensitive. The values must be 100% identical to what Consignor expects. (See the article Using the Consignor Linnworks plugin for information about specifying the properties on an order).
When you are done with setting up the Consignor integration on your Linnworks account, you are ready to start making shipments. Read our article about Using the Consignor Linnworks plugin.