The DHL Express Break Bulk product is a service for bulk shipments clearing customs as a single unit. The subsequent delivery of individual shipments is made within the same destination country or customs union (the EU).
This article will explain how to make DHL Break Bulk shipments in Consignor Ticket and will cover the following topics:
- Prerequisites - what you need to get started
- Activating Bulk Shipments on a stack
- Creating Break Bulk shipments
Prerequisites - what you need to get started
Before you can start making DHL Express Break Bulk shipments, you need the correct products activated in your Consignor Ticket.
- Express Worldwide Break Bulk (BBX)
- Economy Select Dutiable (ESI) or Express Worldwide Dutiable (WPX) on subcarrier DHL Express GLS
If you do not have these products available in your Consignor Ticket, you must contact our Customer Service to have them activated.
It is also important, that you tell us when you start booking Break Bulk shipments in Consignor so we can notify DHL Express. Booking Break Bulk shipments requires a special setup so Customer Service must make some updates to your Consignor Ticket account to make sure the bookings are sent correctly to DHL Express.
Activating Bulk Shipments on a stack
Once the correct products are available, you need to create a specific stack for your Bulk Shipments:
- Go to New > Outbox and locate DHL Express.
- Hover DHL Express and click the Create stack icon.
- Enter a name for the Stack and click Save. In this example, we will name it Norway because it will be used for Break Bulk Shipments to Norway.
- Hover over the new stack and click the Bulk Shipment Product icon.
- Add a checkmark in Activate Bulk Shipment Product and select a product. You must choose either Economy Select Dutiable (ESI) (DHL Express GLS) or Express Worldwide Dutiable (WPX) (DHL Express GLS).
- Restrict the receiver to a single country or the EU and click OK. You are now ready to start creating Bulk Shipments.
Creating Break Bulk Shipments
The Express Worldwide Break Bulk (BBX) product is used to create all the "children" in the bulk shipment and Economy Select Dutiable (ESI) or Express Worldwide Dutiable (WPX), depending on the settings on the stack in Outbox, is used for creating the "mother" shipment.
- Start by creating all the "child" shipments. Go to New > New and choose the BBX product.
- Fill out the shipment data and choose the stack you created for the bulk shipments.
- Click Print as you would with any normal shipment.
- When all your "child" shipments have been created, go to New > Outbox.
- Locate the correct stack, hover and click the Create Bulk Shipment icon.
- This will open New > New with the product that you set in the Bulk Shipment settings (ESI or WPX). Now create the shipment that will be the mother shipment. Note that Invoice amount must be filled in on this shipment.