Magento is an open-source, cloud based eCommerce platform used for online stores. In 2015, the newest version of the platform, Magento 2, was released and it is this version that the Consignor plugin supports. Follow this tutorial to setup an integration from Magento 2 to Consignor and start printing shipping labels in no time.
Your Magento 2 account must be linked to a Consignor Shipment Server account. Please contact our Customer service to get a Shipment Server account if you do not already have one.
This article will explain:
- Installation of the plugin
- Linking your Magento and Consignor accounts
- Setting up Shipping Profiles
- Download ZIP file
Installation of the plugin
You must install the Magento 2 pugin to use the integration. The plugin is currently pending approval by Magento and once it has been approved, it will be added to the Magento Marketplace. In the meantime, use the ZIP file attached here.
Follow these steps to install the files:
- Extract the zip archive on the server where your Magento platform resides.
- Copy and place the files in the following folder: app/code
- After copying the files, the following commands must be run on the Magento platform folder:
- php bin/magento module:enable Consignor_ConsignorIntegration --clear-static-content
- php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade -f
- php bin/magento module:status
- php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f --area adminhtml
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- After these commands have been successfully executed, the Magento module is installed and ready for use. Your Magento menu will now contain a Consignor item.
Linking your Magento and Consignor accounts
This part is only done once to connect the APIs of Magento and Consignor.
- In the left side menu, select Consignor > Shipping Profiles.
- Fill in your credentials in the form and click Save. You must enter your Magento URL and the username and password you usually use to login to Magento. The Consignor credentials are your Consignor Portal username and the actor ID and key needed to connect to Consignor Shipment Server. Contact Consignor Customer service if you do not have these credentials.
- Once the integration between Consignor and Magento has been saved, you will not see the API credentials form again.
Setting up Shipping Profiles
Once the integration is in place, the shipping profiles must be defined. A Shipping Profile in Magento corresponds to a product in Consignor and also holds information about additional services and goods types. There must be a shipping profile for each combination of products and services, so only configure the ones you need.
Follow these steps to configure a Shipping Profile:
- In the left side menu, select Consignor > Shipping Profiles to access the configuration page.
- Click the Add Shipping Profile button.
- Type in a profile name and click Save. The system allows multiple profiles with identical names but we recommend using unique names to make it easier to identify the correct profiles later on.
- The list will look like this after adding the first Shipping profile. You may create multiple shipping profiles at this point.
- Each profile must be configured before it can be used. Select one of the available Consignor products from the drop down list.
- Select an available printer from the drop down list. The printers shown are those configured in Drop Zone (read more). If you do not select a printer, the integration will create labels as PNG images by default.
- Select Enabled or Disabled in the Status column. To use a profile it must be set to Enabled.
- In the Action column, click on Settings to specify more information about the product. The options will vary from product to product and may contain additional services or information required for the product to work. The example below shows the form of a DHL Express product.
- Click Save to save your settings.
- The Details link in the Action column will open the carrier details page. This is only needed if you are using customs details for shipments crossing customs borders, e.g. shipments from inside the EU to destinations outside of the EU. This content is carrier specific and the example below shows a subset of the fields you will see on a DHL Express product.
- Click Save to save your settings. The shipping profile is now ready for use.
See also our article about Getting started with the Magento 2 Consignor plugin. This article will explain how to create orders and shipments.
Download ZIP file
Version 1.2 release notes (Aug 28, 2019): Fixes problem with freeze screen