This article will help you get started using the Magento 2 Consignor plugin. It assumes that you already have installed and configured the plugin. Please read our article about Setting up the Magento 2 Consignor plugin if you need help on how to set things up.
Content of this article:
Creating a new order
- In the left side menu, select Sales > Orders.
- Click the Create New Order button. This will open your list of customers.
- Select an exiting customer or click the Create New Customer button. If you click the Create New Customer you must fill in some extra information about the new customer before continuing to the new order.
- On the Create New Order page, click the Add Products button.
- Tick all the relevant products in the Select column and click the Add Selected Product(s) to Order button. The Items Ordered section is now updated.
- In the section Payment & Shipping Information, click the Get shipping methods and rates link and select a shipping method.
- Finally, click the Submit Order button. Your order is saved and an order summary page is shown.
Shipping an order
Follow the steps below to create a Consignor shipment and print the necessary labels.
- In the left side menu, select Consignor > Ship Orders.
- On the Ship Orders page you will see a list of your orders. Choose a profile from the drop-down menu in the Create Shipment column. The drop-down list will contain all of your enabled Shipping Profiles.
- When choosing the a profile, Magento will pass a request to Consignor Shipment Server which will create and print the label. After creating a successful shipment, you will see this message:
Transmitting data to carriers
You must log into Consignor Ticket to transmit EDI to your carriers. Use your Portal login (contact Consignor Customer Service, if you do not have a portal user) and follow the instructions in this article: Setting up auto transmit of EDI files in Consignor Ticket
If you set up auto transmit, you only need to do the configuration once and Consignor will take care of the transmit.
It is also possible to transmit EDI-files manually. This could be relevant in some cases if you want to transmit a shipment separately or outside the normal time schedule. Read more in this article:
Transmitting EDI files to carriers in Consignor Ticket
If there is a problem with creating a shipment you may get a message like this:
The [SS] in the beginning of the error message means that the error comes from Consignor Shipment Server. If the error message begins with [INT] it means that the error comes from the integration between Consignor and Magento.
Error messages without [SS] or [INT] in the beginning indicates that the error comes from Magento but the error message will not always clearly indicate the root cause of the error.
The error message above stating a technical error can be caused by an empty field that is not required by Magento but is mandatory for the selected Consignor product. In this case, the error message is not very specific as Magento simply reports a technical problem. If you see this message, check that all necessary fields are filled in.