The pick-up code functionality in Scan App Pro makes it a lot easier to manage your local store pick-ups. Add a pick-up code to your shipments in Consignor and send this code to your customers. When the customer comes to pick up the parcel in one of your stores, you can easily identify and find the right parcel in your storage using the pick-up code.
Sections in this article:
- Adding a pick-up code to your shipments
- Adding location information to parcels
- Using the Pick-up code in Scan App Pro
Adding a pick-up code to your shipments
The pick-up code is added as an additional field in your import file if using Consignor On-premises, or as an additional field in the request to Shipment Server API.
In the Import setup in Consignor On-premises, add the field Pickup Code->Reference.
In the request to Shipment Server, add ReferenceKind 327 - see appendix.
A pick-up code is usually generated in another system and imported into Consignor. The pick-up code can be sent out to customers by sms or email using Portal Data Export, triggered by an event on the shipment. This event could be added using Scan App Pro when the parcel arrives at the local store and is ready for pick-up. It can be configured in a number of ways to match the workflows in your company. Contact our Customer Service if you need help adding a pick-up code or would like to use Portal Data Export.
Read more about Portal Data Export in this article: Getting started with Portaldata Export.
Adding location information to parcels
In this section we will show you how to add location information to parcels using Scan App Pro. This is very useful for adding information to be retrieved with the pick-up code, e.g. like information about where the parcel is placed in a storage room.
First you must configure the event in your Action Center in Consignor Portal:
- Go to Scan App > Settings > Scan App events.
- Edit the relevant event or create a new one. In this example we will use Ready for pick-up.
- Set Location to Required. This means it will be required to enter location information when using this event in Scan App Pro. In case location information is not always relevant in your workflow, you can set it to optional.
- Click Save.
- When the parcel arrives at your local store, use Scan App Pro to scan the barcode and select the Ready for pick-up event.
- Click Next and add the package location. You can simply type in text as in the example below or if your storage room has barcodes on the shelves, you can also use the scanner.
- Click Complete to add the event and upload to Consignor Portal. It is at this point that many companies send out the pick-up code.
Using the Pick-up code in Scan App Pro
When your customer comes to the local store to pick up their parcel, they will inform you of the pick-up code.
- In Scan App Pro, open the menu and choose Pick-up.
- Enter the pickup code and tap Next. In the example below, the pickup code "p62892" has been entered.
- Tap Next. Scan App Pro will now retrieve information from Consignor Portal and show you parcels with the pick-up code. You will see the latest status of all matching parcels not yet delivered, including the Location information added to the Ready for pick-up event. It is now easy for the employee at the local store to locate the parcel and hand it out to the customer.
- In case the same pick-up code has been used for multiple parcels, Scan App Pro will ask you to verify the correct receiver. Tap a name to continue to the parcel.
- Finally, you can scan the parcel and add a "handed out" event.