With the introduction of Shipment Viewer Profiles, Owners and Admins can customize how they want to display shipments to their customers. A Shipment Viewer Profile determines the layout and content of the Shipment View which is the page containing all shipment details in Consignor Portal. For instance, if you are selling different brands, you can differentiate the tracking links you provide to your customers by creating multiple Shipment Viewer Profiles. The customer will then see exactly the shipment details you want them to see.
This article contains the following sections:
- Creating a Shipment Viewer Profile
- Overview of Collections
- Creating a public tracking URL
- Customer Showcase
You can also learn more about the Shipment Viewer in this article: Introduction to the public Shipment Viewer
Creating a Shipment Viewer Profile
Follow the steps below to create a Shipment Viewer Profile, and customize the way your customers view their shipments in Consignor Portal.
- Log into Consignor Portal with your Owner or Admin user.
- Click on your user name and choose Settings in the menu.
- Go to Customizations > Shipment Viewer Profile and click Create new.
- Choose Public or Authenticated. Public profiles are used to customize the way you display your shipments to anyone not logged into Consignor Portal. Authenticated profiles are used to customize the Shipment Viewer to users who are logged in. In this example we will create a public profile which is needed for creating public tracking links.
- Start by naming your profile. Choose a name that will help you identify the profile later. The profile is enabled as default, but it can be disabled if needed. You can use the Preview button any time during the configuration to see what the shipment view looks like.
- Set the toggle buttons to ON or OFF to manage which data should be shown in the Shipment Viewer.
- Click the arrow in the Collection column to expand a collection and select or remove items by selecting or deselecting the check boxes. A Collection is a group of related items that will be shown together in the shipment view.
- Change the order of Collections or elements within Collections by clicking on the icon next to an element and then dragging and dropping it to the position you want. When you rearrange items, the order will be reflected in the shipment view. E.g. if you drag Carrier to the top, this will also be the top item in the Shipment Viewer.
- Click the Save button when you are finished with the configuration.
Overview of Collections
In this section we will look at the content of the Collections and a few examples illustrating how changes in the configuration affect the layout of the Shipment Viewer.
- Show or hide any of the 9 address types available in Consignor. As default, Sender, Receiver, Drop point and Delivery address will be shown.
- Control the data you want to display for addresses. As default, only Country code and City are public, but you may choose to make additional information available.
- Show or hide carrier logo, product, and services. This collection is shown by default.
- Show or hide various reference fields like order numbers, messages, and receiver reference.
- Show or hide available dates on the shipment, e.g. ETA and pickup date.
- Show prices from prices calculation and carrier price. Prices are hidden as default on public shipments.
- Show or hide the Documents tab. Hidden as default, this tab displays documents stored on the shipment and the option to upload documents. Supported documents for upload include: TXT, JSON, XML, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX and PDF.
- Show or hide the current delivery status of the shipment.
- Show or hide this section showing total number of packages, measurements, and Estimated Delivery.
- This section enables you to add a campaign section to your shipment. Add your own image (png format), URL, title, and description.
- Activate this section to display a URL to your own FAQ.
- Contact us
- Activate this section to add contact information to your company, customer service etc.
- Show or hide customs article info.
- Additional information
- Show or hide this tab that contains customs information from the Details fields.
- Dangerous goods
- Show or hide information about dangerous goods on a shipment.
- Display your own logo at the top of the shipment view. If you are using a theme that includes a logo this will be used, and you do not need to activate a logo here. File format must be png.
Example of a shipment with Campaign section, FAQ and Logo activated (click image to view full size):
Example of a shipment with default configurations:
Example of a shipment where the order of items has been rearranged:
We also recommend reading this article to learn more about each item in the Shipment Viewer: Introduction to the public Shipment Viewer
Creating a public tracking URL
Send tracking links to your customers so they can follow the journey of their parcel. To create a public tracking URL, you need at least one Shipment Viewer Profile. When your customer clicks the tracking link, they will see the shipment with the items you configured when creating the Shipment Viewer profile.
- Log into Consignor Portal with your Owner or Admin user.
- Click on your username and choose Settings in the menu.
- Go to Customizations > Public T&T URL and click New.
- Give your configuration a name. This is only used to identify the configuration if you have multiple configurations. The tracking URL will be enabled as default, but it can be disabled if needed.
- You can use the Preview button any time during the configuration to see what the shipment view looks like.
- Select a Shipment viewer profile from the drop-down list.
- Select a Theme. If set to None, default Consignor Portal colors will be used. (Read more about how to create your own theme here).
- Configure Search Field and Search Type. The Search Field determines whether the tracking URL will be based on barcode or order number. The Search Type determines whether there must be an exact match or whether it is enough that the search field starts with the given value.
- Specify the Installations and Actors that the public T&T URL should apply to.
- Click the Locale settings link to expand the page if you need to adjust language, time, and unit settings. By default, the settings will be set to the same as your user profile.
- Click the Save button when you are finished with the configuration. See example configuration below:
- The tracking URL is now ready. Replace "QUERY" in the URL with barcode or order number depending on your configuration. Example: https://www.consignorportal.com/ui/sv/s?public-profile=6fbebb1a-1fb4-44ff-98b9-196bd32fa317&query=JD011000000009121892 where "JD011000000009121892" is the barcode.
See the example below showing how Superdry customized their Shipment Viewer. They have added their logo and a contact link only show the information about the shipment that is relevant to their customers: