We recommend optimizing your Scan App Pro events so only the necessary steps are shown in the app. This will make your workflow faster and more effective.
The configuration of events is made in the Action Center in Consignor Portal. This article will show you how to configure two simple and basic flows.
Examples in this article:
Creating a simple scanning event
In this section we will show you how to make a new simple event. You may also edit an existing event to optimize your workflow.
- Go to Scan App > Scan App Events in Consignor Portal and click New.
- We have named the event Out for delivery and selected a matching normalized status. In the Related info section, we have disabled all options. If the information is set to Optional or Required, you must tap through them in Scan App Pro.
- Click Save to create the event.
- When using the event in Scan App Pro, you will see the Complete button straight after scanning a barcode.
Making signature close an event
It is possible to make a signature close an event. It make your workflow very fast and effective. In the example below, we will make signature close the Delivered event and also set it to mandatory.
- Click the Edit icon next to the Delivered event.
- Check the box next to Signature closes event.
- Set Signature to Required. In the example we have also chosen to set Comment to Optional so it is possible to leave a comment on the event.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- In Scan App Pro, the workflow will look like this: Select event and scan the barcode, type optional comments and add signature. When tapping the Complete button in the Signature screen, the event will be saved and you are sent to the main screen, ready to scan the next parcel.