Ongoing is a web based Warehouse Management system for 3rd party logistics. They have developed a standard integration to Consignor Shipment Server API which makes it easy for Ongoing customers to integrate Consignor with their backend and take advantage of Consignor's extensive carrier library.
This article will explain how to connect Ongoing with Consignor and start making shipping labels.
Contents of this article:
Ongoing is able to integrate to Consignor Shipment Server, Consignor Ticket and Consignor On-premises.
To integrate to Consignor Shipment Server and Consignor Ticket you need a Shipment Server account and a Consignor Portal user with Ticket access. Printing is done via Cloud Print in Consignor Drop Zone. OnGoing needs the following information to activate the integration on their side:
- Consignor Shipment Server Actor ID and key
- Consignor Ticket user name
- Installation ID from Drop Zone
If you do not have a Shipment Server account, please contact Consignor Customer Service to get it.
If you are printing in Consignor On-premises, your Consignor must be configured as a Shipment Server On-premises. Follow this guide to set it up. Once it has been set up, you must provide Ongoing a URL to your installation. Consignor On-premises customers must provide the following to Ongoing:
- URL to Consignor On-premises installation
- Printer keys
Importing carriers in Ongoing
- Log in to your Ongoing account and go to Registers > Transport Companies in the top menu.
- Click the button Check which transporters are available.
- Ongoing will make a request towards Consignor and display a list of the carriers that are available for you in Consignor. Select the products you want to import by checking the checkboxes to the right, and click the Import button.
- You can edit information about the carriers by clicking the Select link next to each carrier on the list of imported carriers.
- You can edit details about the carrier such as contact information and measurements. Do not change the IDs - this will stop the product from working!
Configuring carriers in Ongoing
- Go to Registers > Transport agreements in the top menu.
- Click the button Check which agreements are available. Ongoing will make a request
towards Consignor and check which carriers are activated on your account in Consignor.
- A list is displayed with the subcarriers from Consignor. Select the ones you want to import by checking the checkboxes to the right and scroll down and click the Import button.
- A list will be shown will all the imported carriers. By default all carrier products are added. Click Select next to a carrier to edit the settings.
- Add the carrier account (carrier customer number) in the Customer number field.
- Remove the check from All Transporter Services if you want to disable some of the available products.
- Click Update when you are done.
Creating a shipment
Here we will explain how to create a simple order in Ongoing to enable you to make a test. For further questions about the process and flow in Ongoing, we refer to Ongoing.
- In the top menu, choose Order > Create Order.
- Choose the correct carrier in the drop-down menu under Freight Agreement.
- Fill in Order Number, Reference, Comment and information about Notifications if needed.
- Click Create or Update when done.
- Click the Pallet icon next to an order, to add more pallets or parcels and enter information about weight and measurements.
- Select one or more orders by checking the checkboxes in the right-hand side of the order list, and click the Send button when you want to create the shipments in Consignor.
- When the shipment is created, you will see a green box and a link to the carrier's track and trace page.
- The shipment can now be found in Consignor Portal.
For questions regarding the usage of Ongoing, we refer to their help pages: https://docs.ongoingwarehouse.com/