With the United Kingdom leaving the European Union at the end of this year, talks on a trade deal seem to have stalled, with both sides stating that the most likely outcome will be a no deal Brexit.
If this is the case, trade between the UK and the EU will move to World Trade Organization (WTO) terms from 1st January 2021.
What have we done
The situation is still very uncertain with carriers still unsure what to do especially in Northern Ireland.
With changes happening at short notice, Consignor is doing everything we can to manage this constantly changing situation. Since our last update, we have:
- Contacted customers (on 5th November) via email asking them to check with their carriers what their requirements are to ensure they meet post Brexit requirements
- Asked carriers for updated documentation and information on changes that may or may not be required.
- Continued to plan for a Brexit release on the 31st December 2020
Important: You can stay up-to-date with carrier related changes here. The individual carrier pages will be added and will continue to be updated as we get more information.
What are we doing?
- We are going to release beta versions allowing customers to test where possible prior to the product release
- We will continue to keep in contact with carriers for their updates and make any necessary changes as required
- We are releasing key changes as carriers ask for them on specified dates
- We are testing the effects of removing GB from the EU group on a COP Beta.
The situation is very fast moving, with the outcome still largely unknown and some carriers still waiting to see what might happen.
With this in mind, we are prepared to make necessary changes at short notice, whether that’s in January or later in the year. At this stage it is likely shipments will be treated as they are for countries without a trade deal.