Visma.net is a cloud based business solution that supports the automation and integration of business processes. It includes a set of integrated services such as Financials, CRM and Expense Management. Read more on visma.com.
Consignor offers a new integration to Visma.net that enables you to integrate your system to Consignor and handle your shipments from Visma.net while taking advantage of Consignor's extensive carrier library. This integration uses Consignor Shipment Server and is different from the ERP integration supported in Consignor On-premises and Consignor Ticket. The Shipment Server integration supports printing labels from Visma.net and both prices and shipment numbers are sent back to Visma.net.
Content in this article:
- Ordering a Visma.net Consignor integration setup
- Authenticating the integration
- Automation Actions in Visma Financials
- Creating a shipment
Ordering a Visma.net Consignor integration setup
A few things must be in place before you can integrate Consignor Shipment Server to Visma.net:
- A Visma user to be used for the integration with the following roles: Financials Administrator and Financials User. This user should be created using an email that you have access to.
- In Visma the logic is controlled by Automation Actions so you need a System Administrator account to set this up.
- A Consignor Shipment Server subscription.
On the Consignor side, we create an import setup with XML/XSL commands and use the Drop Zone application for printing. This is configured by a technical consultant from Consignor.
Please contact Consignor Customer Service to order a setup. You need to provide credentials to the Visma user. Consignor will create and provide and a set of Consignor credentials needed to authenticate the integration.
Authenticating the integration
Once you have received the credentials from Consignor, please go to this website to authenticate the integration:
- Enter the Consignor credentials provided.
- Go to Generate Token in the menu.
- Follow the steps through the Visma authentication.
- Go to Settings in the menu.
- Fill in your Shipment Server actor ID and key.
The technical consultant from Consignor may assist you with the authentication.
Automation Actions in Visma.net Financials
From Visma the logic is controlled by Automation Actions. These are used to execute the commands configured in the import setup created on the Consignor side. You need a System Administrator account to access the Automation Actions menu in Visma. Setting up the Automation Actions is usually done in cooperation with the technical consultant from Consignor. Depending on the workflows in your company you may want to configure all or some of the Automation Actions supported in the integration.
- The Automation Actions setup is located under Configuration > Customization in Visma and requires System Administrator rights to access.
- Agree with the technical consultant from Consignor which Automation Action should be created. You can enter you own description in the Action text field. In the Webhook Parameter field you must enter one of the parameters supported in the integration:
- When created the Automation Actions will be available in the Actions menu.
Creating a shipment
The following steps will describe how to create a shipment but the process may vary according to the setup in your Visma.net Financials so consider it an overall guideline.
- In Visma.net Financials go to Sales > Sales Orders.
- Create a new order or open an existing sales order. Choose Create Shipment.
- Go to the Shipping Settings tab and select a carrier in Ship Via. This will be used as the carrier code selecting which carrier to be used in Consignor.
- Go to the Packages tab to add packages to the shipment. Click the plus icon and add a package line. You may add multiple package lines.
- Fill in Weight.
- Choose a Box ID by clicking in the field and on the magnifying glass to open the list of possible Box IDs. Make a selection.
- Save and go to Sales Orders.
- Send the shipment to Consignor by choosing the appropriate Automation Action from the Actions menu (it will be named with the action text you entered during the creation of the automation actions )