WooCommerce is an open source e-commerce plugin to WordPress aimed at small and medium-sized online stores, that enables you to sell products and services from your WordPress site.
Consignor now offers a plugin to WooCommerce that makes it easy for you to integrate your system to Consignor and handle your shipments easily and efficiently.
Your WooCommerce account must be linked to a Consignor Shipment Server account. Please contact our Customer Service to get a Shipment Server account if you do not have one already.
This article will go through:
- Installing the Consignor plugin
- Adding Shipping Profiles
- Creating a shipment
- Transmitting data to carriers
Installing the Consignor plugin
Follow these steps to install the plugin.
- Download the plugin archive here: https://integration.consignor.com/woocommerce/download-plugin
- Unzip the plugin locally on your computer.
- FTP or SSH access is required. Open the FTP client on your computer and connect to your website.
- Once you are connected, access this path: /wp-content/plugins/
- Upload the folder you extracted from the zip file to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your web server.
- Go to the WordPress admin area and click Plugins in the menu. You should see the Consignor plugin successfully installed on the Plugins page.
- Click on the Activate link to activate the plugin. You may need to configure the plugin settings when you activate it.
- When the plugin is activated, you will see a Consignor menu item. Click on it and add the credentials for your Shipment Server account. Contact Consignor Customer service, if you do not have any Shipment Server credentials.
Adding shipping profiles
A shipping profile in WooCommerce is a combination of a product and additional services. You must setup shipping profiles to match the products and services from Consignor you want to use.
- Go to Consignor in the menu and select the Shipping Profiles tab.
- To add a new profile, start by giving it a name in the Shipping profile column and then select a carrier product next to it in the Consignor product column. Click Save to add the profile to the list.
- Once the profile is saved, you can click the Settings link in the Action column to add additional services, default goods type and carrier account number. Select goods type from the drop-down list, enter carrier account number and check the services you want to add. Click Save Services.
- If you have a shipping profile that will be used to countries with different customs clearance terms than your own, you can click the Details link to provide customs details.
- Fill in default values in the Details fields. In the Status column you can specify if a field should be enabled or disabled.
Creating a shipment
Here we will explain how to ship an order using the Consignor plugin. For more help on the features in WooCommerce, we refer to WooCommerce support.
- Go to WooCommerce and select Orders in the menu.
- Click on the order you want to ship.
- On the order details page, click the Send shipping order button below the Consignor logo.
- You will now see a summary of your order details ready to send to Consignor. Verify that the sender and receiver addresses are correct. Make changes if needed and choose a Shipping profile. The shipping profiles available on the list are the ones previously added (see the section about Adding shipping profiles)
- In the Goods Line section, you can add additional information about your shipment. Select a goods type from the drop-down list if your selected shipping profile supports goods types. If your shipment contains more than one parcel, you can add more using the Action button.
- Under Article Info you may edit the information about the content of your parcel. Use the Line Number to assign each item to the correct parcel if your shipment has multiple parcels.
- Click the Submit shipment button when you are ready to print the label.
- A request will now be made to Consignor. If you are missing any mandatory information on the shipment, an error message will be displayed at the top of the page.
- If the request was successful, you will see the label in the Ship Order section. Click the label to get the rest of your labels if you made a multi parcel shipment. The tracking number link will send you to Consignor Portal, where you can view the shipment.
Transmitting data to carriers
You must log into Consignor Ticket to transmit EDI to your carriers. Use your Portal login (contact Consignor Customer Service, if you do not have a portal user) and follow the instructions in this article: Setting up auto transmit of EDI files in Consignor Ticket
If you set up auto transmit, you only need to do the configuration once and Consignor will take care of the transmit.
It is also possible to transmit EDI-files manually. This could be relevant in some cases if you want to transmit a shipment separately or outside the normal time schedule. Read more in this article:
Transmitting EDI files to carriers in Consignor Ticket