If you scan large amounts of parcels every day, you may be using a device with an integrated scanner to help ease the work. This article will explain how to use the PM80 from Point Mobile together with Scan App Pro. The PM80 has been tested and verified to work together with Scan App Pro but other devices with integrated scanners and Android are likely to work as well.
Configuring the PM80 device to work with Scan App Pro
- Go to the Settings menu on your PM80 and tap ScanSetting.
- Go to the Basic settings.
- Under Wedge mode set the Result type to Clipboard and the Terminator to LF (Line Feed).
If you are trying to set up a different device, locate the scanner settings and make sure the result type is set to "Clipboard" and the terminator to "Line Feed". Note that the naming may be different on another device. Some devices use an app called DataWedge to configure scanner settings.
Using Scan App Pro on PM80 or a similar device
Once the scanner has been configured on your device, you are ready to start using Scan App Pro. Simply open Scan App Pro and start scanning by pressing the designated scanning button on your device. On PM80 they are located on the side of the device.
- The scanned barcodes will automatically be added to the barcode field. No interaction with the app is needed until you have finished scanning and are ready to assign an event.
- If you have set up any barcode validations for your Scan App Pro in Consignor Portal, you will receive a warning if you try to scan a barcode that does not meet the requirements.
- You may tap the barcode field and manually enter a barcode at any time. For example in the event that a barcode is damaged and cannot be scanned but only read manually.
Example screens from Scan App Pro on PM80:
Once you have finished scanning your barcodes, you can select an event and tap NEXT or COMPLETE depending on your event settings.
For more information about the use of Scan App Pro, we recommend reading these articles: