It is possible to attach an external document to a shipment and send it to the carrier if they support receiving it in their EDI or webservice request. Only a few carriers currently support this (UPS, FedEx, DHL Express).
Learn how to:
- Attach a document in Consignor On-premises
- Attach a document in Consignor Ticket
- Attach a document using filedrop import
Attach a document in Consignor On-premises
- First you must activate the Attach document field. Go to Main > Production, right-click in the References section and select Field selector.
- Scroll down and select Attach documents and click OK to save. You will now see the field in the References section.
- Click on the dots in the Attach documents field to open the Add documents box.
- Click Add and click the dots next to the Path field to browse and select your document. Fill in Type, Description and Reference and click OK. Note that some carriers support predefined types available in a drop-down list.
- Fill in the shipment details and print the label as usual.
Attaching a document in Consignor Ticket
- Click on New > New and fill in the shipment details as usual.
- At the bottom section, click on the External documents tab. The tab is only visible if the selected carrier supports this feature.
- Click the plus icon and click Choose File to browse and select your document.
- Fill in Type, Description and Reference and click Ok. Note that some carriers support predefined types available in a drop-down list.
Attach a document using filedrop import
If you are using the import setup in Consignor, follow these steps to attach a document:
- First you must add the necessary field to your Import setup. Go to Setup and double-click on the Import Setup icon.
- Go to the Import Setup tab and click on Fields. Select Append or Insert to add a new field. (Choose Append if you want the new field added at the bottom or Insert if you want it added between two existing fields).
- Click on the new field and select Attach documents->Reference.
- You may set a default value in the field or include the path to the document in the import file. It should follow the syntax of this example: