If you are using an API in Consignor Portal that requires the use of tokens (Client IDs and Client Secrets), this article will explain how to generate it.
Please note that only "owner" users have access to the API Configuration page. If you are unfamiliar with the user types and roles used in Consignor, we recommend reading this article: Understanding user types and roles in Consignor.
Follow these steps to create a token
- Log into Consignor Portal with your owner user.
- Click on your name in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Choose API Configuration > Clients in the left side menu.
- On the Clients page, click the Add button.
- In the dialog box that opens up, fill in Display name and Description. Choose a name and a description that will make it easier to identify the token later on. Check the Enable box to enable the token right away. (You may enable or disble the token any time after it has been created).
- Choose the Allowed Scopes. We recommend always to include OpenId and choose your needed API options.
- Click Save. Your Client Id and Client Secret will now be generated and displayed on the screen. Important: Note the tokens as Client Secret will not be available after you close the popup.
- Click Save to finish creating the token.
- The token will now be listed on the Clients page. You can click on a token any time to edit or delete it or to enable/disable it. If you have a long list of tokens, you can use the filter option in the top to show only enabled or disabled tokens.
All our new APIs will support an OpenID solution for enhanced security. For more information, please see the OpenId and IdentityServer standard documentation: