Using the Mailback feature in Consignor, you can automatically send an e-mail to the receiver of a shipment. This can be used to inform the receiver that their parcel is on the way, and you can provide a tracking link or other information about the shipment. If you have multiple actors in Consignor, each actor can have its own Mailback Setup or they can all share the same.
Setting up Mailback
- In Consignor On-premises, go to Setup and click on the level where you want to activate Mailback. Choose installation level if you want one general setup to work on all actors.
- Right-click in the pane to the right and select New > Mailback Setup.
- Under the General tab in the Mailback Setup window, specify the following:
- Sender's Email: This is visible to the recipient
- Sender's Name: E.g. company name
- CC and BCC: Fill in if needed, This is not mandatory.
- Under the Send Options, define when the Mailback setup should send emails:
- Manually: An email is sent when you manually choose to send one from the Mailback module.
- On Transmit: An email is sent when you transmit data (EDI) to the carrier.
- On submit: An email is sent when the label is printed.
- There are also a number of disable options under Send Options which can help you control cases where you do not want mailback. Check the ones relevant for you. (Tip: Check Disable Signature, if you do not want a "Powered by Consignor" tagline in your email.)
- Select a default language under Country for current language. It is set to English as default. Note that the default language is only used when sending to countries outside of the ones on the supported country list. Read more.
- Go to the Default text tab and enter a subject and a default text in the Mail Heading field. You may also specify a signature in the Mail footer field. The default text is in the language belonging to the country you selected under the General tab. You can go back and forth and select different countries, to edit the text for each country. It is possible to use some HTML tags and variables - read more about this in the HTML and variables section.
- Under the Field selection tab, select which fields you want in the mailback emails. There are four groups of fields, Part, Shipment, Carrier and Messages. Use the Preview tab to see what the selection of fields will look like.
- Settings under the Documents tab is only needed if you are going to use mailback to send shipment documents like labels and waybills. See the related articles for more information on this.
- Save your mailback setup by clicking OK.
The default language is the language that will be used when sending to a country that is not supported in the Mailback language settings.
The countries on the drop down list are the supported languages. This means that even if the default language is English, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish and German will still be used when sending to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Germany. The default language is set to English as the standard setting.
You can also add your own languages:
- Click the Languages button.
- Select a country on the list and click Add.
- Fill in Subject, Body and Footer with the text you want receivers in the selected country to receive.
HTML and Variables
Some HTML codes are supported in the Mailback text. You can test this by typing in the code directly in the Mail Heading and Mail Footer fields under the Default text tab and click the Preview tab to see what it looks like. For instance, you may include a logo in the Mail Footer:
You can also include dynamic content in your text by using variables. Add @@fieldname@@ in your text, as in the following example where receiver name has been included:
See the full list of field names here.