Consignor Shipping Rules is a way to define rules for shipment, like for example if weight is more then 1000 kg then use product 1. Or if Reciver Postnumber is between 1000 - 1500 then use product 2. There are many examples below. Why is this smart? It may be that one carrier simply does not accept deliveries to an area, another carrier has proved to be the best in one area, a third is cheap but does not support overnight delivery… The list can go on.
We can help you with the setup, what you need to do is to imagine how this can help you save time, money, give better service or be like a safety net.
How it works?
- Consignor will ask the file 'do we have these carriers?'
- ConsignorShippingRolesActor64.xml will say 'Yes or No'
- Consignor says: 'Run Rules'
- Consignorshippingrolesactor64.xml says here are the best options, or it will auto selects for you
- When submit (print) the rules will change carrier / product type and print the label.
Primary Select Rules (A good idea will be to draw a shipping rule image like this one to keep and to send to those who is going to set it up)
Activate on CONSIGNOR On-Premises: To activate the input file, setup can be added in Installation, Location and Actor.
Activate on Consignor Shipment Server
Is done the same way as Consignor On-premises, only we need to do this on our servers. Contact your local customer service department.
Activate on Consignor Ticket (web version)
You can see we have added a Choose file button under New / Settings.
From this GUI the rules can only be applied to Actor level. if you want to apply on all installation. Contact your local customer service department.
Shipping Rules can be like these examples, and more to come:
Conceptid to the carrier:
- If defined carrier you can right click on Carrier and view summary: under product you see: ConsignorID:
- If not defined the number will show when right click on product:
Validation rules are the same as in carrier definition files, these rules are supported:
Used when more than one product left after validation. Supported types:
- <AllocationRule type="mincountforproduct" Name="Express" conceptid="705" mincount="30" scope="location"/>
- <AllocationRule type="distribution" scope="location">
<product Name="Express" conceptid="2698" share="40"/>
<product Name="Distribusjon" conceptid="2639" share="60"/>
- <AllocationRule type="highestrank">
- <AllocationRule type="order">
- <AllocationRule type="lowestprice" price="1">
- <AllocationRule type="userselect" price ="1"/>
- <AllocationRule type="preselected“/>