How to move Consignor
- Take a backup of the Consignor database
- Installing software on the new Consignor server machine.
- Restore the backup
- After the move
Take a backup of the Consignor database In order to move Consignor we need a 'fresh' backup of the database, if there is only an old backup set available contact support by registering a case in the top of the customer centre. If an installation is used twice there is a risk of reusing shipment numbers which can cause extra fees from the carrier or shipments in return, so make sure the backup is new.
To take a backup in Consignor go to File - Backup and Shrink... Set a destination path and click on the button Backup.
Consignor will then use a few moments to take a backup of the database, the database will be stored at the Destination path. Move this backup file to the new machine.
Step 3.1 needs a product key, write it down.
Move Consignor (Consignor is depending on several webservices, before actually moving Consignor you have to 'inform' the webservices about this move)
To successfully move Consignor you have to provide the new computer name, this can be done on either the old server or the new one - under Tools - Advanced - Move Installation.. If you do not see this functionality on the old computer do this step on the new computer after step 3.3 in this guide.
Installing software on the new Consignor server machine
Installing software on the new Consignor server machine First step is to install Microsoft SQL Server* Choose one of the packages below and install, these packages will configure the SQL server to Consignor default instance and SA user
- MS SQL Server 2012 64 bit - We recommend this package if you have any operative system of Windows that runs 64bit (see system requirements here..)
- MS SQL Server 2005 32 bit - For Windows operative systems that runs 32bit (see system requirements here..) * you can also use your own SQL installation see step 2.2
Second step is to install Consignor server Download and install Consignor server:SetupSRV.exe
No changes needed during installation of SetupSRV.exe except if you have your own SQL server. If running your own SQL server, the logon parametres can be changed during Create Database when running SetupSRV.exe
- Restore the backup First find the Product Key You will be asked to provide your product key. You can find your product key on the old server under "help / about consignor". (se step 1.1 in this guide)
- Step 3.2 needs a Password Safe Zone SQL Explorer within Consignor is password protected, to unlock this function you have to 'calculate' this code. To calculate the Control code, you have to take the Program generated code plus it with 1 then multiply this number with 2. Then take that number and use it in the field Control code. Example: 50+1 = 51, then 51 * 2 = 102
If the Program generated code is 50, then the control code to unlock the Safe zone is 102.
- Go to Tools / SQL Explorer.
In the SQL Explorer, right click on the consignor database and choose Restore database
Then choose the backup file you took from the old computer and use the button Restore. Consignor will then use a few moments to restore the backup. Close the program after this process is complete.
- Update the database After the backup is restored, the database needs to be updated. The update database tool can be located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Consignor\UpdateDatabase.exe or C:\Program Files\Consignor\UpdateDatabase.exe
Run this programfile as administrator (right click), and then push Update. UpdateDatabase.exe will then take a few moments to do the last step of the moving process.
After the move make sure the Consignor Service is running. then redirect clients to the new server To redirect Consignor clients to the new server go to Edit / Server Connection.. Update the server name and use the button Test connection, if the connection is OK you will have to restart Consignor and it will then point to the new server.
- See also: Printer Setup in Consignor