I recommend soapUI as a tool for testing your web service: http://www.soapui.org/
- Start with making a new project in soapUI. Right click on project in the navigation menu and chose New soapUI Project.
- Enter a project name in the Project Name text box.
- Enter the URI to your web service in the text box Initial WSDL/WADL. Note that you have to point to the WSDL in the URI.
E.g. my web service is located on http://qa-vis01.facility.dir.dk:8080/ESWebIntegrationWS.asmx and then the URI to the
WSDL would be http://qa-vis01.facility.dir.dk:8080/ESWebIntegrationWS.asmx?WSDL
- Make sure that the check box Create request is checked then and click OK to proceed.
- If everything went well you should now see the web service functions in the navigation menu. Click on the plus sight next to
a function you want to test and double click on Request 1. SoapUI will then make a request for you and open it in a window.
- In the left window is the request, enter the credentials for your WS if any and an Order number / customer number.
Click on the green arrow in the request window to submit the request to your WS.
I the right window you should see the response from your WS and hopefully see your data. If anything is wrong the response will be
empty if no data is found or generate an error if something is wrong with the WS.
Here is a screenshot from soapUI that shows the request and response to the WS: